26 October 2007

4:54 PM - No comments

Sanctions again and again and again

"If the purpose of sanctions is to bring about a better system for that country, devastating its society is a strange path to the new order." - Fareed Zakaria

I don't have the 24 hour new channels or the internet to find out what is going on. Of all the things I miss the most, House, Prison Break, CNN, Cell Phone reception, secured wireless network; not being able to find out what Bush has done ranks pretty high on my list.

Okay so today I'm reading my Newsweek magazine (i'm still on the Oct. 15 issue) and F. Zakaria is commenting on the latest wave of sanctions against the Burmese oops I mean Myanmar gov't and it occured to me that the G8 leaders are all pussies.

Seriously, I know that this is a word that can get me kicked off the hottest TV show but these men are all without balls, they have no backbone or spine or guts or balls or courage. Yes, that is the word I need courage. So, I'm going to have to write them a letter, Putin included, I mean normally this guy has it all. The stern face, the shady contacts that carry out contracts, the ability to inspire fear in the hearts and minds of everyone. He gets on a plane and Bush starts to sweat, Mercy! Bush doesn't even know where the plane is supposed to land but that doesn't stop him from bitting his finger nails. That new guy Brown, yeah, I have to applaud his goal to reduce combat troops in Iraq to the single digits but that is just for show, nonsense, this is actually a humanitarian crisis and they are all dwindling their thumbs.

So yeah,
I'm not in retirement just without steady and reliable internet service.

0 comments: