13 August 2007

4:53 PM - No comments

Rove baby

Ah why now
Why are you leaving us.
When I wrote you a couple of months back I didn't expect you to take my advice and actually jump ship.
I wish you did it before this second wave of questioning began.
I wish you did it before the loud mouth democrats starting calling for your head.
I wish you did it before Libby was found guilty.
I wish you did it before Libby sentence was commuted by the president.
Now you quit and it looks like you are scared. It looks like the noise of the opposition drove you to hide away. It looks like you are retreating from this battle. I know, I know that you are towing some line about how you are still a fan of the Prez. but you and I both know that that isn't really true.

I'm going to miss you.

I really am.
I'm going to miss wondering what you are cooking up in your tiny office.
I'm going to miss contemplating if the latest political gauffe was as a result of you being absent.
I'm going to miss not seeing you in public but hearing your ideas being presented.
I'm going to miss having a worthy adversary in an office full of pencil pushers.
I'm going to miss having your words miscontrued to create a bigger debacle than the one you were trying to disfuse.
I'm going to miss having the Democrats scream bloody murder and blame you for the cost of tea in China.

I really am going to miss you.


Kafo

0 comments: