19 March 2007

2:16 PM - 2 comments

Letter to Alberto Gonzales

Dear Alberto,

Stop crying.
Stop whining.
Stop wringing your hands.
Breathe in, breathe out.

Are you calm now? Because this letter is not going to soothe your nerves. This is a letter that addresses your blunders. I told you that this will happen. I told you that trusting this guy will only lead to problems. You thought you were chosen because of your qualifications but I told you that he was only trying to appoint the first Latino Attorney General.

I mean look at Harriet Miers, where is she now?
Look at Micheal Brown from FEMA where is he now?
You were chosen to make him look good, that's it. Do you really think that he is going to help you now. Look, I know it was Karl who convinced you that this was the best course of action. He told you that firing those attorneys served the interest of the president and since you serve at the pleasure of the president you decided to fire them.

First mistake, you listened to Karl. I know Karl, we are friends, and he is one of the smartest men in the business. That being said, you have to realize that Karl is only concerned about what benefits the president. He is so loyal to the president that he sacrificed Libby just so that the president didn't look bad for the Plame leak. He wasn't thinking of your job when he told you to fire the attorneys, he was thinking of the president's legacy.

The second and most damaging mistake is that you left a paper trail. Didn't you learn anything from law school? Evidence and Resonable Doubt trump Truth and Justice any day of the week. So why in the world did you leave evidence?

I could go on and on with the bashing but I think you get the point. You screwed up BIG and now we look bad. We can't weep over spilt milk. I am thinking of how to get us out of this mess. Yes, I said us, I figure I should have been a bit more aggressive in discouraging you back then. If you want to get out of this unscathed you must follow all the steps I outline in my next letter. Up until then, keep the faith and put on a strong front.

Realistically


Kafo

2 comments: