19 February 2008

5:01 PM - 1 comment

Cindy McCain

Dear Cindy,

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy.
How many times did I call your name? Or should i say how many times did I write your name.

I know that you are a bit suprised to recieve a letter from me. After all, our paths seldonmly crossed in Washington and eight years ago you were not given the time to shine, but it seems like fate has intervened. I would like to cease this opportunity to congratulate your family on its recent ascension in the ranks of the party. Last fall, I believed and so did most of my colleagues that your husband's campaign would be just a ink stain on the annals of history, but we were proven wrong. The tenacity that helped him survive the years as a POW in 'Nam still exist and were highly influential in the last couple of months.

Okay.
Enough, I am very sure you are wondering why I am writing, so let me cut to the chase.
STOP!!!
The same thing I told Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama I am telling you.
Stop talking.
It seems that spouses of candidates need a chance to shine. It seems that living with a person in the limelight is not enough for y'all and you need a few beams shined your way. Sad state of affairs one might say.
When you talk too much you end up saying things that your hubby will later have to explain or rationalize or avoid on the campaign trail. I am a fan of your husband we served together on the Hill so having him embroiled in a petty squabble over words is unacceptable.

Are you still drawing a blank?

Saying things like "I'm proud of my country, I don't know about you, if you heard those words earlier. I'm very proud of my country."

In an attempt to slyly combat the words used by Michelle Obama "Let me tell you, for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

Is dangerous. and do you know why because unfortunately for your colorblind self Michelle is black and so if she hasn't been proud of her country all through the years of the Jim Crow South it would make sense.

When you say you have always be proud of your country, does that include

the 90's Jasper Texas dragging of a black man
the handling of the aftermath of Katrina
the voting bill for African Americans
the '60s Alabama church bombings

what about these events inspire pride in your nation

Are you sure that have ALWAYS been proud of your country?


This is me, spinning a wheel, imagine if it was some liberal group that supports Obama.
Choose your fights well, Mrs. McCain.

Choose your fights well.


Kafo


1 comments:

Hi Kafo

Did you catch the Texas debate? I only saw snippets on the news but it looked like she spent a lot of time on the offensive and he on the defensive. Was that how it panned out as a whole?